Search This Blog

Saturday 4 May 2019

Adieu, April - maybe I'll get more done in May?

I've not been good at posting on either of my blogs this month but c'est la vie.  And two bits of "forrin" are definitely enough for one post!  

I've been busy working - as could be expected for Easter tide.  Every Sunday plus three funerals and extra services during Holy Week in fact.  I've also marked my Silver Jubilee of priesting but that was quiet and private.

I've started to get the garden in order for the summer.  My gardener has been twice and I've pottered a fair bit myself.  May is when I start to enjoy the fruits of our joint labours.

I just feel idle at the moment.  I've got some cousins coming later and I just can't get moving.  I wish I could.


6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need to "come apart and rest awhile" as the good old KJV reminds us. Because if we don't, we will just come apart. All the extra Easter stuff, however joyful, can take its toll on those who prepare and lead worship. Congratulations on 25 years in ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, Angela. Usually May would be a fun month for me but this year I've deferred my rest until June as I'm hoping to retire - for the fourth time - in early June.

      Delete
  2. 25 years!!! You have earned taking a bit of time off especially after the Easter week (we Catholics still count this as the Easter Season, does the Anglican Church as well?).

    Enjoy your visit with your cousin's visit, everything that is there to do will be there tomorrow as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's Easter until Pentecost (9th June). My cousin has had to postpone as we were going to do a job in the garden and it's raining so I'm still looking forward to that. Just wish I could find some energy!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it is just a season for resting.

    ReplyDelete