Search This Blog

Monday 1 April 2019

Marching Out and Anticipating April


March has been quite a good month here.



I've been beavering away at my playroom and it is now safe to start on the start-at-one-corner-and-do-it-bit-by-bit tidying.  I had to do the move-it-all-out-and-get-a-bit-radical routine first or I could have had a serious fall!  Anyway, here's the before  and today pictures.


I walked a lot more in March than I did in February but not as much as January so I'm hoping to concentrate on that a bit more this month.  I'm also trying some gentle exercises, some chair based, to improve my flexibility. 

I've revived my other blog with the aim of keeping myself to the financial straight and narrow and I've smashed my target of living below my means by £400.  I'm aiming for savings of £5000 by the end of the year. 


So, now to look forward to April.  Church-wise I shall be busy especially around Easter.  Auntie Hettie will be 94 this month so we are having a small tea party for her.  I've got several meals out with friends.  I shall do a lot more at the playroom and I want a few days out as well.

Bring it on!




14 comments:

  1. That's pretty impressive decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am impressed by your decluttering. I need to get going on mine and some serious Spring cleaning. Hope all goes well trying to get some savings behind you. We are trying to be a little more frugal so that we can take a big holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping you can have a really great holiday¬

      Delete
  3. That looks so much better. You should be proud of yourself. What is your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://frugallychallenged.blogspot.com it's my money focussed blog

      Delete
  4. I am with you about decluttering and bringing on April. I am glad March is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March wasn't bad at all but April should be great!

      Delete
  5. You have made very good progress so you should be proud of all that you have accomplished so far.
    I've been working in our church office as assistant admin for the past 6 weeks now and it is astonishing how busy things can get - especially at this time of year. We are a large downtown church with a good sized congregation and the church is used at least 6 days out of 7. Tonight we finished our last "Out of the Cold" supper until November. We feed over 300 people at these 3 course meals and the work that all the volunteers do is incredible. We also do a breakfast for about 120 every Tuesday morning and volunteers start at 5:30am.
    Each Wednesday during Lent we feature at guest speaker at noon followed by a light lunch - Maundy Thursday supper to arrange and then two services and a breakfast on Easter Sunday! You'd think we'd get a rest after that but we are the home church of the 48th Highlanders Regiment and it's their annual service the Sunday after Easter so everyone will be looking forward to a bit of a breather come May!
    Looking forward to reading your other blog again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My churches are about as different from yours as they could be and yours sounds very impressive!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, you did very well. Lots of progress made in the room.

    So right the busy church season is starting... I need to email someone and let them know when I can serve communion or the cup.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm....I should post a photo of my craft area. Yes, need to be careful to not fall on anything but it looks like you are doing a good job of getting organized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made great progress and improvements on the room you worked on. I am doing decluttering and organizing too.

    ReplyDelete