Search This Blog

Thursday 21 February 2019

What is going on?

I enter a lot of competitions and have done so for many years but I've never had a winning streak like I'm having at the moment.   In January I had three wins.  I normally have one win every six weeks or so.

In February I have again had three wins.  The first two were tickets to an event and I've given them away.  This gives me pleasure - I've had the thrill of winning and I've had the pleasure of enabling four people to go to an event which they will enjoy.  The third prize is a large selection of candles and associated products and I'm keeping those.  I will use some and I will give some away as Christmas and birthday presents.  Believe it or not, the retail value of this lot is supposed to be around £250!  

I enjoy comping but it is time consuming.  At the beginning of the month there was a bit of a lull in the number of competitions available but more are coming up now.   It takes me less than an hour and I do them as I have my first couple of cups of coffee at about 5am.  I would not do them if someone was hoping to converse with me or if I were very busy but I live alone and I am retired. 

Somehow a comping win reassures me that the universe is on my side


13 comments:

  1. Wpw, what a wonderful win, they will indeed make some great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I wish we had this sort of thing here -- your winnings all look to be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls get great pleasure from comping - and like you, are always generous with their winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very lucky this year. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Isn't it lovely to be able to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on all those prizes! It must give a lift to the spirit to be notified of a win and give even more pleasure to brighten someone else's day. Long may your winning streak last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive got the opposite problem , im on a losing streak..lol...not a thing since september

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good comp. I enter them while im waiting for the school gates to open in the afternoon. I have yet to win big but occasionally i get a little something through the post x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with all the winning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how lovely. I do surveys and get coupons. I use them at Boots and Costa, nice to think I 'm having a free coffee just for my opinions.

    ReplyDelete