Search This Blog

Friday 4 January 2019

This and that

I feel the need to write down a few random bits and pieces so please bear with me.

First the good news.  I've had my first comping win of the year!!!  A tin of Quality Street and a signed first edition of Penny Thorpe's book, "The Quality Street Girls".  I'll have to hope that Penny Thorpe becomes very famous.  I'll also have to hope that it's not the last win of the year!

Next the correction of a misconception.  I think I may have given the impression that I hoped to publish the book which I will be making about my VSO in Nigeria.  No, it will be a book bringing together my letters and photographs and any other bits and pieces which I have but it will really just be for me.  I may put some excerpts on this blog.  I've published what will probably be my one-and-only book, "Teabreak in the archangels restroom"! 

And now the bad news.  I still haven't dealt with the Christmas decorations.  

4 comments:

  1. I may have to dig out my kindle and take a read! Congratulations on your comping win - the first of many, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1st comping win of the year and I wish you many more.
    I think there might be a sudden flow of books to Kindles . . . I look forward to reading my copy.
    I'm in the same boat as you regarding the decorations; having had 3 family members staying with me for 3 weeks, I have a lot of catching-up to do, including taking the decorations down. So far, bedding all washed, towels all washed, sleeping bag washed, furniture re-arranged, grocery list done. Now I need to actually do the shopping. Also wishing in vain for hot sunshine and a light breeze for a few days!!! Tumble drier on overdrive!

    ReplyDelete