Search This Blog

Sunday 27 January 2019

A thousand days

I sometimes google some weird things.  Yesterday I decided to check the number of days until I will be seventy years old.  And the answer came up. 1001.

So as from today I have a thousand days left of my seventh decade.  That sounds so old!  So I need some ideas as to how to spend the time well.   I have been truly blessed and I can honestly say that every decade of my life has been even better than the one that went before.  I'm not going to do a "Seventy by Seventy" list and I certainly won't be making a bucket list.  I hope that when I do eventually kick the bucket I will still have dreams unfulfilled - I'd hate to feel that at any time I've done "everything"!  If you've any ideas for lovely thing for me to do, please put them in the comments but I've noticed from other people's blogs that such requests rarely get any suggestions.  However, if you feel inspired . . . 

This is also my five hundredth blog post.  It would have been lovely to write something momentous but all I really want to say is, "Thank you for reading".




9 comments:

  1. Yesterday my OH td me how many days we have till retirement(in 2021) It reels alarmingly close - especially when I realise that I have to downsize significantly to make the move from a 4 bed house to a small bungalow! When I think about the future, I take comfort that my time is in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you. I would make a point of planning something special. Maybe an exciting trip to somewhereyou have never been but dreamed of. Save a little every week and ask for donations from family rather than presents to make the dream come true. That would be my plan but yours might be something different. You have a couple of years on me but have got me thinking so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning 70 is rearing its head in 2020 for me but I sure don't want to know how many days I have left in my 60s. But good for you wanting to add some excitement to your life. Is there some artistic pursuit that you may want to try at least once: oil painting, pottery, watercolor, collage, graffiti artist? I know you do cards but maybe something bigger? Here's an idea paint a mural on one of your walls? I'd love to see your list when you get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am closer, I will be 70 in 2020. I think you should do something fun an brave an make great memories. I think you already lead a very busy an fulfilled life but maybe there is something you have always wanted to do but didn't for whatever reason? I don't believe in all those lists and buckets either! Too much time making the list and not enough time DOING the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary I past seventy 6 years ago! I don't think I have ever thought of doing anything extra-ordinary or different. Nor do I want to now, but we did move from Essex to Suffolk 10 months ago and that was a big thing. Did we move to a small bungalow, nope. We chose a large Victorian villa with s very large garden. We nave s cleaner and have left 2/3 of the garden to grass and trees. We love it here and although we are still finding it hard to make friends we are gradually getting to know people. Every Blessing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the 1001 days seems like a milestone in itself. I pray your "non-countdown" will be filled with God's blessings and much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say catch up with friends long lost but not forgotten and yes I agree with Catherine, plan a trip of a lifetime...i fancy crossing the Atlantic on Cunard!!
    And a message for Chris....try joining the local U3A to meet new people, learn new things and make new friends,sometimes you need to be a bit pushy but it will work out for you in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the transatlantic crossing each way with Cunard and can thoroughly recommend!

      Delete