Search This Blog

Friday 2 November 2018

OK so I know I'm a big kid

Our local garden centre always has a wonderful display in the run-up to Christmas but the trouble is that once December comes there are always children there.  Crafty wrinklies like me go in November.

The reindeer were parked outside the main display area  and these two were singing "I really can't stay (Baby it's cold outside)".  The boy reindeer is the one on the left as you look at them.  I was a good girl and didn't feed them.


Inside was this wonderful fireplace just waiting for Santa to do his stuff.  I have never seen such a wonderful electric fire.  I have been on the look out for a new fire and I'm very tempted!  The clock is actually a reflection.  I could have used a nice sofa in front of that fire.





Music was provided by this ursine combo and very enjoyable they were too.




And Santa must have been out on a practice run last night because this is how he looked when I saw him.  Too much sherry I think.




13 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I am going to actually make an effort to visit some of our Christmas displays this year. I am going to make an effort to be less bah-humbuggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely ones but this one is exceptional (for these parts).

      Delete
  2. Very cute. Since Our Macy's closed in Minneapolis, the big display is no more and nothing has taken it's place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will take time for someone else to fill the gap. Here's hoping.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful display, is it Brigg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it in one! They've completely changed everything this year.

      Delete
  4. I've usually had the grandchildren in tow when I've visited our local(ish) Garden Centre, who put on a wonderful display for Christmas - singing reindeers, a Penguin Band, Polar Bears on a snowy waste with Icebergs and lots more. One year, a life-size Santa boomed out, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" just as I was pushing little granddaughter past in her pushchair. She looked shocked and quite scared but seemed OK. But after we'd queued to see the Real Santa and receive a present from him, she shouted, "I don't like you, nasty man!" and stalked out. Poor bloke wondered what he'd done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like your granddaughter is a force to be reckoned with!

      Delete
  5. We used to have similar events in France. Here we do have live reindeer (non-singing)at Trelissick and lots of trees/decorations/etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trelissick must be absolutely glorious. Those bug old country houses were almost designed to "do" Christmas.

      Delete
  6. The last time we went to see similar to your outing the mechanical reindeer were wonderful but the real reindeers seemed so sad and out of sorts. Must say the fireplace display in your photos looks really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No real reindeer at Brigg. That fire was amazing. I have never seen such a good flame effect sort of the real thing.

    ReplyDelete