Search This Blog

Saturday 30 December 2017

So what did happen?

I said in my last post An Allotment Year that things didn't go as planned but that doesn't mean that I did nothing. I just didn't do what I had planned to do.  And thank you to the people who commented and encouraged me to think again.

Thank you to the kind ladies who commented on the contacts I have had with them this year.  I think one thing which has been good about 2017 is my friendships.  I value friendship and am prepared to put a fair bit of effort into letter writing, e mailing etc.  I have met two bloggy friends "in real life" and my face to face friendships have been good too. 

For family life I rely on my cousins but I organised a family picnic and I have kept very good contact with such cousins as I still have.  I have deepened my friendship with some of my cousins.

I finished  my "informal" vicaring of five parishes which was sad but I soon found other places which needed me!
  
I published my Kindle book, "Teabreak in the archangels' restroom".

I've been cardmaking, been to Trefoil Guild, Women's Institute, U3A.  I have had lunch with friends several times and have entertained people here too,

The year wasn't as planned but maybe it's been good.  I feel happy with my life and maybe I don't need to achieve.  I am reminded of an old meditation.



I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything that I hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am among all men, most richly blessed.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you had written a book, I would love to read it. I loved the meditation, certainly made me think and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a link on the book's title but a lot of the material has been on this blog.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary, I have followed your blog for quite a while but never left a comment before.. but reading about your Christmas day I felt so moved. I do hope you are feeling a lot better now. I love your writing, so your book is for me.. A Very Happy and Blessed 2018, keep up with the walking and swimming, the walking I am trying to do myself, as I need to lose a few pounds, actually a few stone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you wrote a book! I am going to have to read it. I think you have done a lot this year --you have been a good friend to me, I know that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Again, I've bought your book so off to bed to read it.. You visited my blog just as I was writing a new post, we crossed in the ether!!

    ReplyDelete