Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Would anyone mind if I have a moan?

I'm not a happy bunny.  That doesn't happen very often.

It's not been a good year domestically.  Back in March the kitchen floor had to be replaced.

So in May the kitchen was decorated.

And then the hall and dining room were decorated.

And while that was happening I discovered that the hot water tank was about to burst, so it was replaced.

And now I have discovered that the bathroom floor has to be replaced.  The stopcock has been leaking, probably for years and the floor is rotting.

Where are the tissues?

9 comments:

  1. That is a lot of repairs and replacing. My home is like that now-go ahead and moan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moaning is quite understandable. Will your insurance cover this latest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no direct financial implications for me as I rent, it's just a pain to have yet more disruption!

      Delete
  3. We had/have so many things that need doing here that we didn't know about when we bought it. I sometimes wonder why we bother to buy houses, we could just rent and then it would be someone elses problem, then I remember how much renting costs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do rent, Sue and at the moment I am very thankful for it! The disruption gets me down though. I can't do everything for myself and it has felt like a year of intrusion in my space.

      Delete
  4. You are quite entitled to have a moan. Slow water damage is the worst. Hopefully this will be the last thing that needs addressing for a while and you can enjoy your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the disruption, hopefully next year will be much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does it end...........

    I am a real cup half full person

    But - this year - there has been so much..............so may problems & personal issues...........how on earth do we cope..........one large community - its whats needed..............that or lots of shoulders ( and wine).




    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mary, I am so sorry! It seems like these things just snowball, doesn't it? And with us, water always seems to be the culprit. Take a deep breath and relax -- It will all be good.

    ReplyDelete