Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 January 2015

It's that time of the year

It’s that time of the year!  The time when people smirk and ask me why I haven’t taken down my Christmas decorations yet. 

Well, I have taken down my Christmas decorations – but I haven’t taken down my Epiphany decorations.  You may remember that I have a lovely nativity set which came out on Christmas Day.  The shepherds, sheep, goat and donkey are in the stable.

We've now moved on to the Epiphany (6th January) and the magi have arrived complete with camel.  The shepherds are no longer in the stable.

They have returned to their fields and are still watching their sheep.

They have been like this for a week now and they will all stay in place until 2nd February (which is Candlemas) when they will all return to obscurity.

6 comments:

  1. I have the basic nativity set, but not the extra shepherds or Magi. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a total delight. My mother gave me them over three years and they are pure joy to put out.

      Delete
  2. A truly beautiful set that must give you great pleasure. Those shepherds and sheep are a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful. What I can't share with you is how tactile they are.

      Delete
  3. How lovely they look. It's so nice to keep the 'Christmas' feeling going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have one little nativity out -- I put away the one with the injured shepherd and most everything else has been put away but my one little nativity will stay out for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete